FEMA Program Coordinator: Holly Weedon
Provides students with a broad education in emergency management. Focuses on preparedness and the skills needed to organize and lead emergency management operations.
After completing the required FEMA IS prerequisites, students enroll in the following courses: EMGT 115, EMGT 125, EMGT 135, EMGT 215, EMGT 225, EMGT 235. Students must earn a grade of 'C' or better in these EMGT courses. These are FCC online courses offered during the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
Convert FEMA IS prerequisites to Frederick Community College (FCC) credits directly via MACEM&PS.
Learn how: https://macem.org/Independent-Study-Credit-Conversion-Programs.aspx
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the knowledge needed to work effectively in an Emergency Management organization.
- Demonstrate the oral and written communication ability to work effectively in an Emergency Management organization.
- Demonstrate the leadership ability to work effectively in an Emergency Management organization.
- Assist with the design, development, and oversight of Emergency Management Exercises.
- Provide leadership and direction to volunteers and professionals in an Emergency Management organization.
- Communicate information about Emergency Management procedures and process to the public.