Program Manager: Dr. Michael Gersten
Offers students concentrated training in music theory and practical application to prepare them for acceptance and transfer into 4-year music degree programs, to obtain an Associate of Arts degree, or to pursue individual musical directions.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Perform as a soloist in a manner that is both musically expressive and technically proficient.
- Interpret a variety of styles, periods and genres according to recognized standards of performance practice.
- Perform in collaboration with other musicians, using appropriate performance and stage presence techniques.
- Demonstrate keyboard proficiency, including mastery of scales, triads, chord progressions, and figured bass.
- Sing tonal melodies that contain chromatic writing, modulations, and differentiated rhythmic values.
- Transcribe from an aural source material of intermediate melodic, harmonic and rhythmic complexity.
- Master current music software programs, including ability to compose or arrange music.